The projects of the building
The new Albino Luciani Museum (MUSAL) is located in a 15th century mansion, next to the San Giovanni Battista parish church in Canale d'Agordo, in the Belluno province.
The building that houses the museum was the ancient seat of the Confraternita dei Battuti ("Confraternity of the Beaten", 1455-1869), later transformed into the town hall (1869-1982) and later home to various associations.
The architectural project bears the signature of the architects Antonio Pollazzon and Willi Guidolin who supervised the restoration of the historical building, while the interior preparation was designed by architect Marino Baldin joined by Loris Serafini - scientific curator of the museum.
A second building, which will soon be connected to the first via walkways, hauses a conference room, a day center for the elderly of the Valley and the Pope Luciani Foundation offices.